Garlic butter chicken and lemon asparagus.
I enjoy trying to eat healthier, but it can sometimes be hard to do with kids and a busy schedule. This is a quick and easy healthy meal that the whole family will enjoy. Perfect weeknight (or anytime) meal! Keto-friendly, low-carb, and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Garlic Butter Chicken and Lemon Asparagus
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunches of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced Parsley
- Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes- optional
- Slices of lemon for garnish
For the chicken seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
1. Start to slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Let sit in a shallow plate while you prepare the asparagus.
2. Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat half butter and olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken bites on all sides until golden brown. Lower the heat, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and Italian seasoning and stir and cook with chicken bites until fragrant. Remove the chicken bites from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
4. In the same skillet over medium-high, add minced garlic then deglaze with chicken broth (or wine). Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce to half the volume. Add remaining butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, parsley. Stir to combine.
5. Add the asparagus and toss for 2 minutes to cook it thoroughly. Add the sauteed chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat them. Garnish the chicken and asparagus with more parsley, crushed chili pepper(optional), and lemon slices, and serve your garlic butter chicken and asparagus immediately. Enjoy!